Top Maths Tutor in Harrow
Welcome to my website. Your search for the best Maths Maths tutor in Harrow is over.
I am a Maths Tutor in Harrow since 2003.
Dear Parent / Student,
My Name is Kamal Patel. I have been a Private Maths tutor in Harrow since 2003. Along with a qualified teacher status (QTS) I have a degree in Mathematics, have been teaching for over 12+ years and currently teach in a grammar school.
11 Plus Tuition Harrow
As a freelance private maths tutor in Harrow and an educational consultant, I provide GCSE and A Level maths tuition services to prospective students.
Areas I cover are Harrow, Pinner, Northwood, Stanmore and North West London.
Specialist guidance is available on the following subjects:
- GCSE Maths private tuition Harrow (9-1 grading system)
- A Level Maths tuition Harrow (September 2017 teaching)
- KS3, year 7, year 8 and year 9 Maths tutor harrow
- 11 plus Maths tutor Harrow.
- 13+ Maths tuition.
- Ks3 and secondary mathematics
- International Baccalaureate (Middle years and Diploma)
- QTS (Numeracy entrance exams)
A Level Maths Tutor Harrow
Introduction: There has been a recent change in the Maths Curriculum at GCSE and A Levels. This requires students to be thoroughly prepared to score a decent grade. And this is good news for us!
To read about the Latest New A Level Maths Qualification and Syllabus please click here
My tutoring methods which can be backed up by countless fantastic A Level and GCSE Maths results in the past years can help equip your child with all the skills and exam practice they need to succeed in the exams in Summer 2018 and beyond.
To watch the video explaining the changes please click here
Which subject(s) do you teach?
I teach the latest A Level (New from September 2017) and GCSE (New Grading 9-1) maths curriculum. Maths for 11+, 13+ Grammar School Entrance Exams, GCSE, IGCSE, International Baccalaureate and A-Levels.
Tell me about your qualifications.
I have a B.Sc. (Mathematics) and a fully qualified teacher (QTS) recognized by the UK Government.
What kind of experience do you have?
I am a fully qualified Maths Teacher (QTS) registered with UK National College of Teaching and Leadership. I work in an outstandingly high achieving Grammar school near London.
So far I have tutored over 100 students on a 1-1 basis in the past 7 years alone. This is over 4000 hours of tutoring (40 weeks for each student a year X 100 students = 4000 hours)!
Moreover, I work as a Grammar school teacher and I am required to deliver outstanding lessons in accordance with the OFSTED Framework. Hence I have an accurate and in-depth knowledge of the most recent syllabus changes and the exam boards. That combined with my daily touch of solid Maths puts myself in a very strong position to very quickly and thoroughly assess the educational needs of a student and then build upon their strengths. My lessons are Laser sharp and objective oriented wherein I intend to achieve a very concrete goal at the end of each of my tutoring sessions.
• Teaching Pedagogy: The vast majority of One-2-One tutors simply ‘turn-up-and-teach’ without adequate preparation. Maths is mostly about ‘understanding’, and less about ‘throw up facts’. A tutor gets ONE CHANCE to impart ‘understanding’ in a clear and coherent way. Not having prepared and risking an incomplete, confused or incoherent explanation instils confusion in the student, rather than confidence.
• Regular feedback and homework: Most tutors either set no homework at all or thoughtlessly set exercises from a textbook containing inappropriate questions. My homework is specifically written to complement the lesson, containing some questions designed for routine practice and some questions designed to challenge the student; encouraging them to ‘think’ and to develop their logical capacity.
• Exam Practice: I give students plenty of past paper practice – but only at the right time, once they have a deep understanding of all of the individual topics within the syllabus. Most tutors use exam papers to ‘teach’ from, which means they are setting papers when the student isn’t ready: The upshot of that is the student’s scores fluctuate wildly and their confidence is destroyed.
My tutoring sessions are invigorating, inspirational and full of cutting-edge techniques geared for exam success in the shortest amount of time left. I have a very direct approach to problem-solving wherein I dive deep into the concepts which students and struggling to understand.
From over 10 years of classroom teaching immense experience, I have developed an approach which is very simple. I make the lessons fun and engaging. I strive hard to promote interest in the subject so learning Maths becomes fun and an ongoing natural process. Students take this into the school environment and start seeing the results immediately. As a result, the burden of Maths reduces allowing students to focus on other subjects and achieve well holistically. (It’s not about getting an A* just in Maths. I know that!!)
I am very confident that my charges are excellent value for money due to the fact that I have delivered outstanding results for my students. Please do not take my word for it. Instead, you may contact the many satisfied parents (clients) prior to contract my services. My past students and their parents have often said that they cannot thank me enough for how much I have changed their career possibilities with those A/A* grades in Maths. (to read more about FAQ please click here)
In short, I am the Maths A* Specialist.
Feel welcome get in touch soon to book your place for Exams in Summer 2018. To read about the latest changes in the New Grading System at GCSE please click here